Design hydraulic cylinders and related equipment from conceptual ideas to the final manufacturing stage, which may include project management duties. This will invoice research of customer needs to develop conceptual ideas, actual product design, creation of manufacturing drawings and coordination of the manufacture of proto-type units. Provide sales support throughout the process.
- Ability to design, and provide working drawings for hydraulic cylinders and communicate with customers and sales.
- Visit customer sites on occasions to assist sales either before or after the sale.
- Design conceptual layout of new hydraulic cylinders and other related equipment, including tools and systems
- Obtain budgetary costing information and provide sales with customer proposals
- Develop working drawings & bills of materials for quoting and manufacture
- Specify materials and components for purchasing
- Coordinate the manufacture of components, assembly of units and testing
- Analyze problems and provide cost effective solutions
- Provide Engineering support to sales and manufacturing
- Analyze product performance in actual working environment
- Explore cost effective manufacturing alternatives
- Perform Quality assurance tasks, which may include inspections and documentation
- May occasionally travel (day and overnight) to customer and other vendor sites, which can include underground mines, and steel mill type environments.
- Support new product development, perform design and calculations, conduct design reviews and support other facility needs
- Team player, highly motivated, quick learner and customer focused.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (prefer Mechanical) or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience – 2 years Mechanical Drafting or related engineering Experience. Hydraulic Cylinder experience highly preferred
Minimum Skills – Proficiency in AutoCad 2015, Microsoft Excel and designing in 2D required. Ability to visualize design and repair processes from start to finish.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!