Rock Springs, WY
Direct all repair activities at Swanson Industries – Wyoming to achieve effective and efficient use of facilities and personnel as well as conformance to schedules, budgets, and laws.
1. Implements production of all products, integrating engineering projects into the regular operating process.
2. Works with the chief financial officer to develop operating budgets.
3. Monitors all production reports to ensure achievement of financial, safety, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
4. Organizes the management talent base for efficient operations; promotes opportunities for management to upgrade skills through training sessions and seminars.
5. Coordinates and monitors plans for reductions in cost and product lead times for existing and new products.
6. Directs the implementation of advanced technology to aid in reaching production goals.
7. Oversees the programs instituted by the environmental, health, and safety director to ensure a healthful and safe working environment and to comply with federal and state regulations.
8. Directs major facilities development.
9. Reports to the Operations Manager- UT on a regular basis. Works closely with that manager and the director of operations to establish long-range operating goals and expansion.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
Minimum Experience: Five years of experience in operations management, experience in repair center operations in mining or other industrial products preferred. Experience in modern manufacturing techniques such as ERP systems, statistical process control, quality systems, lean manufacturing concept, 5S, and six sigma,
Minimum Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills, Excellent organizational skills. Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals. Exceptional planning and organizing skills. Must understand product costing and pricing. Profit focused with ability to understand and interpret financial statements. Must be highly computer literate.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!