A Swanson Industries Outside Sales Representative will manage and grow sales to a current base of existing customers in the underground mining market to sell hydraulic components, hydraulic component repair and long-wall mining equipment repair. Hydraulic cylinder manufacture and repair is the core competency for Swanson Industries. The sales representative also offers other services provided by Swanson Industries Companies including but not limited to chrome plating, new hydraulic components, Laser Processing, friction welding and machining. The Outside Sales Representative represents Swanson Companies recognizing a high standard of business ethics, basic tenants of premier customer service and a mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Recommends and sells equipment and repair services utilizing knowledge of hydraulic equipment operations and customer needs.
- Reviews and submits bid specifications and quotations to customer for review and approval.
- Submits orders for product and follows-up on order to verify material list accuracy and that delivery schedules meets project deadline and customer needs or commitments.
- Analyzes application and use of hydraulic components in systems and recommends improvements to reliability and efficiency
- Reviews existing customer specifications for accuracy and opportunity to provide them with a selling advantage and/or an advantage to their bottom line via provision of superior products, price and/or service.
- Attends sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
- Inspects establishment premises to verify and qualify customers.
- Demonstrates and explains use of installed equipment and production processes.
- Arranges for installation and test-operation of machinery/products and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
- Contacts current and potential customers, visits establishments to evaluate needs, and promotes sale of products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
Minimum Education – Must have a high school diploma, a bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience – Requires an extensive background in outside sales calling on underground long-wall mines or extensive operational / maintenance experience in an underground long-wall mine.
Minimum Skills – Requires exceptional computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and basic drawing reading skills
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!