To prepare bi-weekly payroll and maintain attendance and time card records for all employees.
- Reviews and checks addition on weekly time cards for hourly personnel. Checks with supervisors if there are any discrepancies in terms of unclear arithmetic differences, authorized overtime, shift differentials, or reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid.
- Enters hours and special pay in payroll system.
- Records tardiness, unauthorized personal time, sick, personal, and vacation time on payroll records.
- Distributes payroll checks, and mails or holds for safekeeping checks for absent employees.
- Enters and verifies time according to union contracts and/or company policy.
- Answers employee questions regarding their pay, vacation, or time cards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education – Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience – Previous experience strongly recommend in an accounting department, with at least six months of training in payroll procedures.
Minimum Skills – ADP, Moderate Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access desired
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!