To purchase goods and service for the company in an efficient and economical manner following established policies and procedures in processing purchase orders.
- Follows policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services.
- Follows policies and procedures established by the purchasing manager and monitors activities of purchasing clerks.
- Negotiates cash discounts, volume purchasing discounts, and OEM pricing, etc.
- Selects vendors on the basis of price, capability, and past performance following departmental guidelines.
- Makes certain that purchasing documents are completed properly and the terms and conditions of purchase are appropriate.
- Keeps accurate records, including price histories and any problems in doing business with particular vendors.
- Works closely with managers scheduling production to maintain a “just-in-time” level of inventory.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other issues as necessary to ensure quick resolution to problems thus providing timely payment of invoices.
- Ability to read and understand documents related to the position.
- Identify and implement opportunity for continuous process improvement as well as creating new processes and metrics.
- Perform and support other duties as assigned by supervisor or other management.
Minimum Education Associates degree; Bachelor’s preferred.
Minimum Experience Two plus years in similar work.
Minimum Skills Ability to work independently and also as a team member. Strong communication skills. Good PC skills.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!