This Driver position includes sales/service over established routes or within an established territory; sales of products/services, pick up, and delivery of products. May also take orders and collect payments from customers.
1. Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
2. Load and unload trucks.
3. Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
4. Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
5. Safely operate vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as plants, residences and offices, hydraulic shops or within industrial yards.
6. Collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts.
7. Listen to and resolve customers’ complaints regarding products or services.
8. Inform regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
9. Write customer orders and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
10. Drive trucks in order to deliver such items as hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, drilling supplies and chrome.
11. Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
12. Review lists of dealers, customers, or station drops and load trucks.
13. Arranges for installation and test-operation of machinery/products and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
14. Contacts current and potential customers, visits establishments to evaluate needs, and promotes sale of products and services.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
16. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
Minimum Education – High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience – 5-7 Years of driving, sales, or customer service experience. Familiarity with manufacturing environment, hydraulics, or repair services preferred.
Minimum Skills – Must be able to communicate effectively.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!