Supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. This position is responsible for supervising the weekend shift operations in the Goshen Road facility including long wall and pump shop operations.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Discuss with management any disciplinary related problems, complaints, or grievances, as well as conduct Performance Reviews.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education – Training in vocational schools or an associate’s degree in related field.
Minimum Experience – Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
Minimum Skills – Must have excellent communication, organizational and people skills.
Benefits-eligible: medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Swanson Industries, Inc. is a global leader in engineered hydraulics, providing hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, remanufacturing, and repair services for the mining and mobile industries. We are poised for continuous growth as we expand our global presence. For more information, visit www.swansonindustries.com!